title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Video codec conversion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nsx-r
    • Feb 2004

Video codec conversion

Hi, I am new here. So I am wondering if this thread should belong to here. If it doesn't belong, please moved to the suituated place. I would like to know where can I get conversion of video format from Windows Media Audio (WMA) to Mpeg. A kind thanks for those who help me find it. :smile2:
  • RossRoy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2003

Re: Video codec conversion

First of all, you shouldn't transcode video, especially if it's downloaded because that usually means that the quality is low because it's been compressed a whole lot to make the file smaller.

That said, there are options to transcode if you absolutely need it. One of them is TMPGEnc, it will encode to both Mpeg-1 and Mpeg-2. Mpeg-1 is free, but Mpeg-2 is shareware, free at first but you have to register eventually of it stops working after a couple compression session.

Comment

• nsx-r
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by RossRoy
      First of all, you shouldn't transcode video, especially if it's downloaded because that usually means that the quality is low because it's been compressed a whole lot to make the file smaller.

That said, there are options to transcode if you absolutely need it. One of them is TMPGEnc, it will encode to both Mpeg-1 and Mpeg-2. Mpeg-1 is free, but Mpeg-2 is shareware, free at first but you have to register eventually of it stops working after a couple compression session.
      Can you show me the URL ? Thanks

Comment

• RossRoy
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2003

Comment

Working...

]]>