title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Edit ID tag - Adding to default list of new tags

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bacchus
    • Dec 2006

Edit ID tag - Adding to default list of new tags

I have a few custom tags that I use regularly, and it would be nice to have them so up as defaults in the list of tags when I go to add a new tag.

If I create a new custom tag in a single instance of the ID Tag Editor session, it will stay on the list as long as I'm in that session/instance. However if I close it and move to a new session/instance, then it's gone.

Is there a way to edit the default list of possible new tags? So that those I use regularly can always be there?

If not, then I'd like 6to request exposing that list as a customization option in the advanced options section of the main control center. Either the complete list or even just a shorter list of custom tags always to include.

Thanks,
    Peter S
    Last edited by Bacchus; 07-16-2018, 06:23 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Edit ID tag - Adding to default list of new tags

Open Windows File Explorer and into the address bar type:

%appdata%\dBpoweramp

edit the file 'DefaultTagEdit.txt'

add your new tags to the end.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Zale
      • Sep 2023

So when I typed
      %appdata%\dBpoweramp
      into the address bar I just get an error.
      I guess I can just create the folder and file myself, but I don't know what the content of the file is supposed to look like.
      I use Release 16.6.

Comment

• Zale
        • Sep 2023

Hi, thanks for the quick answer!

The option in dBpoweramp Control Center is not there for me.
        And I had tried just putting in a tag name per line, put it resulted in one tag field which had some chinese (?) characters.

BUT now there was a genres.txt in the folder too, so I copied that one over, renamed it and wrote the tag names in there, now it's working.
        Seems the file must have it's encoding set to UTF-16 Little Endian (that's how Notepad++ shows it atleast)

Comment

Working...

]]>