title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Installation Remnant

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Audiophilic
    • Jun 2024

Installation Remnant

Just installed dBpoweramp for the first time and got a remnant left over. If I try to close the window. It asks if I want to cancel installation. I've waited 20+ minutes, and it hasn't cleared. Any suggestions?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	68
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	325912 zz0.t6y9orl82zzz
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Uninstall dBpoweramp, reboot the system (full shut down), then reinstall dBpoweramp.

Which Windows version do you have? (click start >> system information) which main windows version and the detailed version on the 2nd line please.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Audiophilic
      • Jun 2024

Edition Windows 10 Home
      Version 22H2
      Installed on ‎8/‎5/‎2020
      OS build 19045.4529
      Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19058.1000.0

I eventually had to reboot, so that happened. I haven't been able to get any of the main functions to work. PerfectTunes just freezes during indexing. I guess I need to uninstall it all and reinstall. What a wonderful introduction for a new user...

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

> PerfectTunes just freezes during indexing.

Likely related, if your music is on a network share, it is the network share which is freezing PerfectTUNES as it tries to read from the files and the data never completes.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Good point. Where are the music files located? On the same computer running PerfectTunes. Something odd going on, as normally PT is very fast and efficient. I run it often on >100,000 files, stored on a USB3 HDD directly connected to my PC.

Comment

Working...

]]>