title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

New Forum Discussion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alexandrede
    • May 2024

Cannot edit my User Profile

Keeps showing me this message: "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page"

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by alexandrede
      Cannot edit my User Profile

Keeps showing me this message: "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page"
      I also get this message when I go to my profile page.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Should be fixed now
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
          Should be fixed now
          yes, profile now accessible. thanks.

Comment

• Maxpower
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Maxpower
            The Date formatting: currently it is mm/dd/yyyyy, could we have . . . yyyy/mm/dd or dd/mm/yyyyy at a minimum? Thanks.
            I think this got overlooked . . . the date format is still not fixed

Comment

• vilsen
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Jul 2018

* The new forum software seems to have swallowed posts. For example, simbun has only 2 posts currently.

* Users are sometimes referred to as "Guest" in the topic listings, but correctly named when you open the related thread.

* Personal opinion: By default, "Latest Activity" should reflect recent posts, not recently started topics.

Comment

• vilsen
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Jul 2018

Also, there's a lot of white space after the last character in most posts. Seems redundant and requires more scrolling. Perhaps the left column could be optimized if you don't have facebook, twitter etc.

Comment

• simbun
                  • Apr 2021

Originally posted by vilsen
                  * The new forum software seems to have swallowed posts. For example, simbun has only 2 posts currently.
                  I did get a message from Spoon just over a week ago stating
                  Big apologies, I hit the wrong button and your messages were deleted :(
                  I thought/assumed he meant the messages that were waiting for approved, not everything!

* Personal opinion: By default, "Latest Activity" should reflect recent posts, not recently started topics.
                  I think Latest Activity seems to be working for me in that it's showing the topics that have the most recent replies (except this topic for some reason), but the summary should show the latest reply not the initial (unless that's what you mean).

Not quite as bad as the Sonos "upgrade", but certainly a step backwards in terms of usability.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

We had a few issues with keeping the old forum up, we had some DDoS attacks on the forum, at points 80,000 users requesting pages, this new forum with a beefy server can easily handle those and keep the site open.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• vilsen
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Jul 2018

So it wasn't the forum software, only bad luck... Well it happens. Some threads look weird now without simbun's posts, so let's hope that his account is the only one affected.

Comment

• vilsen
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • Jul 2018

Originally posted by simbun
                        I think Latest Activity seems to be working for me in that it's showing the topics that have the most recent replies (except this topic for some reason), but the summary should show the latest reply not the initial
                        I think you're right and I agree that the summary should show the latest reply instead. And I get confused by "user x started a topic" since the listing isn't sorted by started topic but by latest reply.

...and by the way you're no longer a dBpoweramp Guru ;-( Not that it matters much...
                        Last edited by vilsen; May 23, 2024, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• simbun
                          • Apr 2021

And I get confused by "user x started a topic" since the listing isn't sorted by started topic but by latest reply.
                          You can control that in your profile settings:
                          Code:
                          User Settings > Account > Conversation Detail Options > Display Mode: Posts

...and by the way you're no longer a dBpoweramp Guru ;-( Not that it matters much...
                          There were a few nights where I cried myself to sleep, but I've come to terms with it ;-)
                          I'd like to think the content was more of a loss than the "status".

Comment

Working...

]]>