title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Cue Sheets - Are they necessary?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cmarschak
    • Dec 2011

Cue Sheets - Are they necessary?

Hello. I rip my CDs into wav files (for backup purposes), and encode them to mp3 files (for mobile audio purposes).

I have not ever used cue file sheets. I rip each CD to individual track files, as opposed to one big file for the whole CD.

I keep the wav files around, so that if I ever lost my CDs (theft, scratches, house burns down, etc), I can make an exact copy of the original CD by burning the wav files.

Question:

Am I losing anything in not having a cue sheet created for each ripped CD?

Thanks in advance for your time!
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Cue Sheets - Are they necessary?

No. Cue sheets not needed. And in my opinion you'd be better off with FLAC than wav files. Both are lossless, but FLAC has standard tagging and smaller size. Trivial to show that underlying audio of either is bit perfect back to cd.

Comment

• cmarschak
      • Dec 2011

Hi garym. Thanks for your reply. Good advice. One of these days methinks I will re-rip my CDs to flac.

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by cmarschak
        Hi garym. Thanks for your reply. Good advice. One of these days methinks I will re-rip my CDs to flac.
        No need to rerip. Just convert from wav to FLAC if you are confident that wav files were ripped securely.

Comment

Working...

]]>