title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problems ripping scratched CDs + live CDs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eyeball
    • Oct 2011

Problems ripping scratched CDs + live CDs

Hi, I recently purchased dBpoweramp Reference R14 and have successfully ripped most of my CDs. I am having trouble with several of them however. After ripping and encoding the result shows as 'error' & 'insecure'. Most, but not all of the CDs that I am experiencing problems with are a little scratched. I've tried three different optical drives, with the same result each time. Curiously, iTunes does seem to rip these CDs successfully. What settings should I use to overcome this issue?
    The second thing I would like advise on is how to rip live CDs so that you don't get that break between tracks. Again, iTunes seems to handle this but I haven't found a setting that achieves this in dbpoweramp.

Ian
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Problems ripping scratched CDs + live CDs

> live CDs so that you don't get that break between tracks

Every ripper on the planet rips gapless CDs without Gaps, the ripping program would have to insert gaps its self manually to not do so. Perhaps it is the lossy format you are ripping to which inserts the gaps?

If multiple drives and programs cannot rip certain CDs, then that CD is unrippable.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>