title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Getting started

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billyecho
    • Dec 2010

Getting started

Hello

I am a newbie who it would appear is not on the same wavelength to be using these applications. I was unable to find getting started or help files and would appreciate assistance.

I have a ton of wav files without tags to convert to flac. After converting an album I wasn't able to listen to them.

My htpc is running Win7 ultimate with Creative Labs SB1090 USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Audio System and a Yamaha HTR5250 AV Receiver.

I understand it's possible to rip CDs creating two separate conversions at the same time such as flac for home and another for the Nano (iTunes).

During my attempt to tag the files I didn't understand what all the fields were. Isn't there a standard convention for artist/song/album and if so which fields would those be named?

Thank you for the guidance.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Getting started

Your player perhaps cannot play flac, the nano cannot for sure, so when convert use the multi-encoder to create a flac and mp3 at the same time.

To tag, select a file >> right click >> Edit Tag, the standard fields are filled in.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• billyecho
      • Dec 2010

thanks for the answer Spoon but I have no prior experience with these apps and don't understand.

I converted more wave files & was unable to tag automatically with a right click. I entered the artist and album fields manually but the tracks remain unnamed.

How do I play flac files with wmp?

How do I create mp3 & flac conversions at the same time?

thanks

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You would have to type into 'Title' also.

To create mp3 and flac at the same time, select 'multi-encoder' as the encoder and add FLAC and mp3 into the multi-encoder.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>