title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

n00b questions about icons and folder.jpg

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sigma
    • Dec 2010

n00b questions about icons and folder.jpg

Hi,

I'm new to dBpoweramp and I'm very impressed with it, but there's one thing I can't figure out. After installing the program, it changed the icons for almost all of my MP3s to the same image used for folder.jpg in that particular folder.

For example: -

2 of the MP3s haven't had their icons changed and just have the generic Winamp icon. The rest (apart from 1 that has art embedded into the tag) have had their icon changed, but I don't want these MP3s to have that icon. I've deleted the folder.jpg file that was in that folder along with the MP3s and rebooted, but the icons are still the same. I don't even know where that particular folder.jpg file came from as it has nothing to do with any of the MP3s in question.

I have 3 questions then: -

1. How come dBpa didn't change the icon for 2 of the MP3s (the JVC FORCE ones that have the generic Winamp icon)?

2. How can I stop dBpa from using folder.jpg for icons?

3. Assuming I want dBpa to use folder.jpg for the icons, if I delete folder.jpg from a folder, how do I get the icons to revert back to the generic Winamp icons?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Sigma; December 06, 2010, 12:59 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: n00b questions about icons and folder.jpg

1. There is no album art for these files?
    2. Folder.jpg would always be used if in the same folder (and the file does not have artwork)
    3. You would have to disable dBpoweramps Thumbnail and property sheet handler (in dBpoweramp Configuration)
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Sigma
      • Dec 2010

Thanks for the reply, Spoon.

Originally posted by Spoon
      1. There is no album art for these files?
      Nope. They're not even tagged, which is why I thought it was weird. There are also several other MP3s in the same folder that have no art embedded in the tags, but they still display the generic Winamp icon.

2. Folder.jpg would always be used if in the same folder (and the file does not have artwork)
      OK. It would be cool if you could toggle that on and off in the options though.

3. You would have to disable dBpoweramps Thumbnail and property sheet handler (in dBpoweramp Configuration)
      Disabling that may stop it happening in future, but it doesn't revert the icon changes. I have disabled that option and rebooted my PC, but the icons are still as they are in the screenshot above, even though there is no longer a folder.jpg icon in that folder. This is the only thing I really want to fix, cos I don't want my files to have that icon and I don't want to embed album art into each of them either.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Windows remembers it in the icon cache, run Disk Cleanup and clear the thumbnails item.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Sigma
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
          Windows remembers it in the icon cache, run Disk Cleanup and clear the thumbnails item.
          That worked. Many thanks for your help, Spoon.

Comment

Working...

]]>