title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can't convert to mp3 anymore

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • koshea
    • Sep 2010

Can't convert to mp3 anymore

This is my first post, hope I haven't done something really dumb. I was using a registered version of dBPowerAmp 13.1 for over a year with no problems but recently it stopped converting from wav or flac to mp3. I upgraded to ver 13.5 but same problem. I checked the configuration and it looks ok.

The conversion appears to start but goes really quickly and creates 0kb mp3 files with no error messages. I've tried many different files but none will convert to mp3 but I can convert to other formats like wav to flac, ogg.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Can't convert to mp3 anymore

Uninstall dbpoweramp, reboot windows, reinstall registered version.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• koshea
      • Sep 2010

Thanks Spoon. I just tried what you said but it didn't work.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Run this:

...also how to do a full reset of dBpoweramp? (if dBpoweramp crashes for some reason) Where does dBpoweramp save its files / settings? It is installed to c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp or c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp The 64 bit version of dBpoweramp is installed to: c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp It

dBpoweramp (and the settings) will be cleared from the system. Then reinstall.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• koshea
          • Sep 2010

Thanks again. I followed the instructions on the link. It actually downloads an exe file which I ran, then rebooted and reinstalled R13.5 but still didn't work. I then unistalled again, rebooted and ran the reset exe again, then downloaded R14 and installed it but still no luck. This is weird. Any other suggestions? I appreciate your help on this.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

You could enable the debug log in dBpoweramp Configuration, it might show what is happening.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• koshea
              • Sep 2010

Thanks Spoon, that helped me work out what happened. I enabled debugging and tried to convert a wav file but no log was created so I started checking more stuff. I found that I had disabled dbPoweramp from launching other apps in my firewall. I guess it runs lame.exe which I didn't think of when I set the firewall rule. I set the rule because DMC seems to want to manage audio for heaps of my apps even if they're not audio and I got sick of denying it access. I can't remember the exact message that I get.

Anyhow at least it's converting to mp3 now and thanks again for your help. I am very impressed with DMC and the support that's provided.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

A sure way of disabling any program is to stop its ability to run other associated programs...
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>