title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

iTunes album art question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rigsby
    • May 2010

iTunes album art question

Hi, I've spent weeks ripping my cd's to aac for my iPod. On some CDs I noticed no artwork was found so I manually looked up the albums and saved the Picture as folder.jpg in each album folder. I've noticed iTunes seems to ignore the folder.jpg and tries to find it own album art. Is there anyway to force iTunes to use the folder.jpg files I have saved instead of looking it up??
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: iTunes album art question

You have to add the folder.jpg to the music files themselves as part of the tag information for iTunes to pick it up.

If you use the ID Tag Update codec you can get dBpowerAMP to add the folder.jpg to all the files using the Batch Converter. However you still may have to select every file in iTunes in order that it picks up the updated tag information.

The other method is too select all the tracks for an album in iTunes, right click and select the Get Info option. Draging and dropping the folder.jpg into the small art window will cause it to be added to all selected files.

Hope this is helpful.

Comment

Working...

]]>