title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Running Multiple Releases

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • afljr
    • Jul 2010

Running Multiple Releases

I've been running the trial version of r13.5. Previously, I've used/tried MusicMatch, Roxio products, Pyro, iTunes, and most recently JRiver Media Center. dBpoweramp definitely offers some additional functionality not available in any of these other products. I'll probably purchase a reference license for the multi-encoder and batch converter functionality alone.

I do have a lot of questions, though, that don't fit any one specific thread. So this may be a bit rambling ...

For starters, if I purchase a license, (it obviously applies to the current release) would it apply to any other prior releases of dBpoweramp or would I need to purchase separate licenses for each release?

Is there any way to install and run separate release versions of dBpoweramp on the same machine?
    I'm asking this question because I know that r13.5 includes Lame 3.98. For whatever reason, I prefer the sound of Lame 3.97 to 3.98 (the difference may be subtle but ...). I've downloaded and installed r12.4 and found that it includes lame 3.97. However, I had to run the r12 trial on a different machine since the r12 download would not install without first uninstalling the r13.5 installation.

Does the r12.4 version include essentially all of the functionality available in r13.5?
    I've noticed that some of the functions that work in the trial version of r13 don't seem to work in r12. For instance, in the multi-encoder rip option, the button for the Dynamic setting option under the Output Location is available and functioning in the r13 trial release but is not accessible in the r12 trial. Also, I've downloaded and installed the Fraunhofer IIS encoder in r12 and it does not seem to function -- works r13 but not in r12. I've also tried downloading and installing the other Fraunhofer encoder from the legacy codecs and it did not function in r12 either.

In reviewing some of the forum threads, I've also noticed a reference to limitations on the number of lookups per year in AMG. Are there any limits or is it one year unlimited access?

Would appreciate any help in answering these.
    Thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Running Multiple Releases

It would be easier to copy lame.exe from R12 to R13

AMG has a limit of 1 years access currently with $5 to renew (R14 will not have this issue).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>