title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

getting error message when ripping to ReadyNas Duo

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KeithJ
    • May 2010

getting error message when ripping to ReadyNas Duo

Iam using DbPoweramp to rip cds in Flac format, I am able to rip to a western digital external hard drive and then drag and drop on my ReadyNas Duo 2110 that I'm using with my Sonos music system. Everything works okay when I do it that way and I can see all my albums on the sonos controller, but when I try to rip directly to the ReadyNas I get error message that path cannot be found. I have set up a folder under media in the ReadyNas called music and I can search and find it on my computer and then I select as the file destination but after Dbpoweramp starts ripping I get error message that file destination can"t be found.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: getting error message when ripping to ReadyNas Duo

The ReadyNas would be password protected, try browsing to the readynas and creating a text file in the music folder (right click >> create >> Text Document).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• KeithJ
      • May 2010

Thank you for the response unfortunately I wont be home for a day or two but I"m looking foreward to using your solution. So once I create A text document the dbpoweramp will rip to the music file? Is there anything else i need to know?

Thanks again

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Creating the text document shows that right at that moment your Windows (and dBpoweramp) can write to the music folder. If you cannot then dBpoweramp would not either.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• KeithJ
          • May 2010

So if it can"t write to music file I created should I just put music in the file Media that was already on the ReadyNas and will my Sonos see them?

Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

You could rip to the PC Music folder, then move the files to the NAS after doing a batch of discs.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• KeithJ
              • May 2010

Thanks Spoon Thats what I'm doing

Thank's for help

Comment

Working...

]]>