title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How to Re-Write my tags

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mapper
    • Jan 2010

How to Re-Write my tags

How to Re-Write my tags
    Sorry to write this as I'm very much a newbie, and a little embarrassed to ask such a basic question. I've combed through technical help and the forums and certainly am missing the obvious. Please moderate or edit or omit this from the Forum unless helpful to others.

My wife recorded some music through MusicMatch and produced .wav files. I look at these files in Windows Explorer file manager there is no meta data in the Artists or Album etc. fields. I have right clicked on each song and "dBpoweramp: Edit ID -Tag" and I can see this data in dBpoweramp Batch Converter. The big problem is when I write to a CD the there are no tags except "Track1" "Track2" etc. When played on Windows media Player or I-Tunes, No Album or Artist or Composer etc. Even my album art gets lost. I have seen the posts of "Why aren't my WAV tags saved?" of 04-17-2007, 06:59 PM

How can I re-write these tags? What are my options? I thought in dBpoweramp Music Converter > ID Tag Processing > Settings I might change them, but have not figured it out, nor in CD Writer. What did I miss?

I am running dBpoweramp Music Converter: Registered PowerPack Release 13.3, DSP Effects: Release 3, and dBpoweramp CD Writer: Release 3.1, on Vista OS

Thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How to Re-Write my tags

CDs contain no metadata which the players you mention can read, they all use online databases, as you have created a new unique disc it is not in any database.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>