title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Window audio is not working! Help pls

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • esullivan
    • Feb 2009

Window audio is not working! Help pls

Hi.. My audio stopped working all in a sudden.. Sound device is working properly and enabled. Reinstalled Driver but it didn't bring back sound. "Sound and Audio Device" under control panel is greyed out. I've also tried to look into Window services and can't find "Window Audio" listed. "sndvol32.exe" is not running (not in the active processes list). When I clicked on "sndvol32.exe" it kept telling me there are no active mixer controls..

At first I thought maybe the sound card on the mother board was broken.. so I bought an Audigy sound card (pcmcia slot).. I installed the driver and everything seemed fine and it said it is working properly too.. but still no sound.. all symptoms above still existed.

I also tried the "expand" command with the sndvol32.ex_ file from my XP installation CD.. still doesn't work.

I went to microsoft's support page and tried their suggestion by adding "drivers=mmsystem.dll" into the boot system.ini file.. still nothing works.

I am really frustrated at this point and not sure what else could have gone wrong!

Hopefully someone from here can shed some light.

thanks a lot
  • esullivan
    • Feb 2009

Re: Window audio is not working! Help pls

Never mind.. I've got it fixed. I used the WinXP installation CD and ran through the repair process... and now it is working

Comment

Working...

]]>