title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping CD does not put data under correct column heading

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ringmaster
    • Aug 2008

Ripping CD does not put data under correct column heading

I am trying to develop a catalog of all of my Wave files on my Drive "F", which is an external 750 gB drive, and I have another external 750 gB Drive "G", that I use for all of my backups. I have to keep my catalog files, in the Wave format, with no conversion, and storage space is not an issue. I restore LP albumns, and occassionally I have to bring the Wave file back to my restoration program for further processing, for various reasons; my restoration program comes out with new revisions, that allow me to further refine my Wave files. I have restored approximately 50 Jazz albums, When I originally processed the albums, I had to over-process some of the "Noise Filters", and this tends to introduce "Artifacts"; in this case "Sibilance" in the Brass & Vocal frequencies. I have just received an upgrade to my basic restoration program, that contains new "Filters" that will help correct/remove the Artifacts.

I would like to attach "ScreenShots" to my Thread, and I can't figure out how to do it.

I am having a problem getting the CD Ripper to place all of the data under the correct columns. I have managed to get all of the column headers that I need; however, the "Artist" and "Album Title" show up in the correct blocks at the top of the Ripper screen, but they do not list themselves under the columns in my database in my "Music Collection". Everything appears under the "Track" column.

I am getting frustrated, because I have tried several programs, and I can't get my basic database to allow me to create playlists. I think the "Windows Explorer" (I am using Windows XP Professional) is giving me a problem, because it does not allow Tagging for Wave Files.

I've been working on this for about six months, and I recently got disgusted and deleted all of my Library database. I am starting over to develop my Library, and your program looks like it is probably the best one that can do this for me; however, I think I need someone to help guide me through the setup. If I could attach "ScreenShots" to my message, I think it would be easier for you to see what I have accomplished, under the CD Ripper, and the results that show up in your Music Player.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Ripping CD does not put data under correct column heading

What is your "Music Collection" managing program?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Re: Ripping CD does not put data under correct column heading

Note if you are using dBpoweramp Audio Player, you need to install it and dMC to separate directories, as stated here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/legacy-compatibility.htm

To post screenshots, you will have to link to them from an external site such as tinypic.com.

Comment

Working...

]]>