title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

MMC: problems reading audio properties

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jojomen
    • Jan 2009

MMC: problems reading audio properties

Hi!
    When MMC scan my files (i just have mp3's) about 30% of them shows up with empty fields för: kbps, kHz and channels. Length (m:ss) is set to 0:00. This always occur with complete folders, never single files. Nothing special with folder-names, changing it won't make any difference. if i doubleclick a song the file is played, but data isn't corrected.
    Reformatting or rewriting tags make no difference.
    I've never had this problem before (i've been using the program for several years) and no matter what i try, i just can't get it to work.
    All files are read properly by other programs, for example Media Center 11.1.
    i run dbpoweramp converter 13.1 reference, audio player 2.0 on Windows Vista 32.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: MMC: problems reading audio properties

Do you have dAP and dMC r13 installed to separate directories as stated here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/legacy-compatibility.htm

Comment

• jojomen
      • Jan 2009

yes, i have now completed this somewhat strange manoevre. the only change is that i am now running unregistred versions of some of the programs. Problems with MMC are still there.

Comment

• jojomen
        • Jan 2009

No, actually there is one more difference. I can't play these songs any more, they are skipped and next song in line is played instead. Hardly an improvement...

Comment

• Wayne
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Aug 2002

Did you install dAP before dMC r13.1?

Maybe you should try again. Uninstall both before initially installing dAP. Check that dAP/MMC is working and playing your mp3 files before attempting to install dMC r13.1 as stated above.

Comment

• jojomen
            • Jan 2009

Hi!
            yes, i've done this and now have only dBpoweramp player r3 beta6 installed. Problem still here, MMC register files, but doesn't read audio properties or play them. It's exactly the same files as before uninstalling and reinstalling and still they're completely ok in other players.

Comment

• jojomen
              • Jan 2009

hi again!
              just found a new phenomenon: one song shows a bitrate of -2 in MMC, frequency and channels are correct, but the length of the song is indicated as 71202 min and some seconds. Plays quite ok though.

Comment

• Wayne
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Aug 2002

Do you know which version of id tags these files contain as MMC doesn't support ID3v2 v2.4

As I am still using WinXP I have no idea how Vista effects things.

Comment

• jojomen
                  • Jan 2009

hi!
                  it's versions ID3 2.3 (UTF16) & ID3 1.1 everywhere. cant find any 2.4 at all.
                  i'm using tag&rename.
                  i find it hard to believe that vista is involved in this, my other players aren't affected. my problem is that i don't like them. It feels like a lot of overkill (Media Center and Media Jukebox) millions of functions but slow working and they can't even play a song properly when i have plenty of programs running, which i normally have.
                  dAP is a far better player from this point of view. i've used it for years with only minor MMC-problems regarding swedish letters å, ä and ö. that i can live with, but this new thing filters 30% of my listed songs from beeing played...

Comment

Working...

]]>