title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping - Column Headers

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ringmaster
    • Aug 2008

Ripping - Column Headers

When I rip a CD, I have "Album" as one of the column headers.

I have set up my Library, to name one of the columns "Album". The CD ripper shows a column named "Album"; after the CD is imported, the Album name gets transferred to "Album by Year" in my Library

How do I delete the "Album by Year", and change the column header in my Library to read "Album"?

I have not checked the box for Album by Year. I have checked the box for "
    Album"
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Ripping - Column Headers

No such thing as Album by Year, in that it is the program displaying the tracks which is creating that.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Ringmaster
      • Aug 2008

I used iTunes to down load these tracks, so I assume that iTunes is causing the re-naming. Correct?

Comment

• Wayne
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Aug 2002

I think you'll find that Album By Year just indicates the sort order used to display the tracks. If you click on the album By Year title in iTunes it will cycle through various sort orders. I prefer Album By Artist myself.

Comment

• Ringmaster
          • Aug 2008

I have been trying, for approximately six months, to create a Media Center on my 750 gB drive "F". I don't want anything on my drive "C", except program files. I really do not want to create "Temp Files"; however, if they are required by my software, I would prefer that they be placed on my Media Center (drive "F"). I back up my files on a separate 750 gB, drive "G". I need to keep all of my Audio Files in the .wav domain.

I have downloaded all of the programs that "Illustrate" offers, but I can not figure out how to use the "Illustrate" programs to create my Media Center.

All I want to do is create columns for "Artist", "Name", "Genre", "Size", "Type", "Year", "Bit Size" & "Sample Size". As far as I can tell, I think "Windows Explorer" is creating a problem for me, and I cannot figure out how to get these two programs to "work together", so I can get my Media Center to allow me to create "Rip CD's", "Create Playlists" & "Burn CD's".

I have another program on my machine, that will allow me to do this, but I would prefer to use "Illustrate", because of the "Accurate Rip" capability.

Would it be possible for someone to give me "Step-By-Step" instructions, (keeping it simple), to help me do what I would like to do? Right now I have read every related topic, that I can find, and I am in a total state of confusion.

I would appreciate any help that I can get.

Thanks.

Comment

• Ringmaster
            • Aug 2008

A little bit of more information.

I was using iTunes for my player; and I had all of my Libraries in the iTunes player, as .wav files, and I am wondering if Illustrate has a preferred "Player". I have deleted all of my Libraries and associated Audio files. I will start developing my Library from scratch if someone will take the time to help me. Incidentally, I have my dbpoweramp burner set up to burn all files as .wav.

Comment

Working...

]]>