title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Not Getting Tags or Artwork

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Echoes
    • Jan 2009

Not Getting Tags or Artwork

I am new to dBpoweramp. Can not get any tags or Album artwork. I have looked at the Forum and have read about things to check and all seem ok (firewall etc). I regeistered last night and have 364 days of AMG access. I am not sure about the proxy server or how to check that. If I use iTunes all artwork and info is obtained but not with dbpoweramp. Staring out using MP3 Lame. Any further help would be appriciated.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Not Getting Tags or Artwork

Which security software do you have?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

See here also: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showpost...83&postcount=5

Comment

• Echoes
        • Jan 2009

Spoon,
        I am using the following programs/OS: ZoneAlarm Security Suite, Windows Vista Home, and dBpoweramp Reference R13. I know it is probably a problem with what is going on - on my computer settings, but at this point I can not figure it out. Thanks for your help. Dave
        Note: in ZoneAlarm I added any programs referencing dbPowerAmp and AMG to (Trusted Level/Internet Access) but still have the same problem.
        Last edited by Echoes; January 04, 2009, 05:16 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Try unloading ZoneAlarm briefly.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Echoes
            • Jan 2009

Spoon, I did shut down zone alarm completely and then ripped a CD and still no tags or artwork. No parental controls, Windows Firewall is disabled.

I even tried a different computer:
            I have a new business lap top with XP Pro on it. On this machine I downloaded the free trial of dBpoweramp with AMG active for 30 days. This machine had the same problem when I ripped a CD - no tag or art content. As stated previously my other home machine is Vista OS. The only thing these computers have in common is they both have ZoneAlarm. But I already proved that ZA is not the problem by shutiing it down?

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Has Album art ever worked for you echoes?
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Echoes
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Echoes
                only with iTunes or WMP.
                I STAND CORRECTED! FOR THE FIRST TIME I USED THE "CD RIPPER" BY dBPOWERAMP AND EVERTHING WORKED GREAT! I RECIEVED ALL THE INFORMATION ARTWORK, TRACK INFO ALBUM ETC. AS STATED I WAS NOT USING CD RIPPER BEFORE WHEN I HAD THE TAG ARTWORK PROBLEM.

PREVIOUSLY I WAS USING THE "BATCH CONVERTER" OR THE "MUSIC CONVERTER". CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG, BUT I GUESS TO RIP A "CD" I NEED TO USE THE "CD RIPPER" ONLY? - AS THE NAME APPLIES. IF THIS IS TRUE I FEEL BAD FOR WASTING YOUR TIME IN HELPING ME WITH THIS PROBLEM. BUT I DO APPRECIATE THE HELP! YOUR COMMITTMENT AND SERVICE TO HELP THIS NEWBE OUT IS COMMENDED!

:smile2:**I REALLY LIKE HOW THE INFORMATION IS PRESENTED ON THE "CD RIPPER" IT IS LIGHT YEARS BETTER USING THIS TOOL THEN iTUNES OR WMP.
                FROM WHAT I SEE AND HEAR, dBPOWERAMP WITH "ACCURIP" IS THE BEST THING GOING TO RIP QUALITY CD'S WITH MULTIPLE CODECS TO CHOOSE FROM.
                THANKS AGAIN, DAVE B.
                Last edited by Echoes; January 06, 2009, 01:03 AM.

Comment

• LtData
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • May 2004

Ahh, yes, you have to use the CD Ripper to rip CDs, not Music/Batch converter.

Comment

• Bobg
                    • Jan 2009

Does that mean that the music converter won't get the CD information for us? It's working for Windows Media and CD Ripper but not for the converter (I'd like to convert my CD's to Apple Lossless for archiving)

Bob

Comment

• Bobg
                      • Jan 2009

Naturally, after I posted my earlier question, I solved my problem. Since the CD ripper will also allow me to rip the CD in the Apple Lossless format with all the CD information, I'm set and don't need to use the converter.

Never mind :o

Comment

Working...

]]>