title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Error trying to retrieve the update page

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bluearrow
    • Jul 2008

Error trying to retrieve the update page

Hi,

When I enter the order number in the dBpoweramp Registration Retrieval I get the following error (see bellow). This happens in IExplorer and FireFox, so it is not a browser issue. It is not a firewall issue either. Can you please fix it so that I may download the new version? Thank you

Runtime Error
    Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>
  • bluearrow
    • Jul 2008

Re: Error trying to retrieve the update page

Never mind. After waiting half and hour or so, I retried the action. This time it worked fine. Maybe it was a server overload error or something similar.

One suggestion (this has nothing to do with the problem): why not allow a single file download of all the codecs, instead of the current one by one selection.

Regards

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Re: Error trying to retrieve the update page

If you have dBpoweramp Reference, most of the codecs commonly used are already in that package.

Comment

Working...

]]>