title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ACC Rip or Conversion causing NOD32 to throw false positives

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spook
    • Feb 2008

ACC Rip or Conversion causing NOD32 to throw false positives

Since I've not before done much audio format creation or conversion I am not sure if this is to be expected..

I use v2.7 and have advanced heuristics and such all one which I guess is picking up what it thinks are sigs.

One wild one is a single entry in the CDDB database, file "9d12ae0c" apparently is a sig hit.

Anyhow, I found an apparent false positives when converting a .wav (whole album) to AIC. I've not seen it happen with single tracks (or when converting this .wav to another format) so far but as you can imagine NOD32 brings the system to a crawl when trying to handle a ~600MiB wave file.

I've not done much else with this but presumably it's a case where either turning off AMON temporarily or not using the advanced heuristics.

I may pass it along to eset but it's kind of a hassle with such a large file and I've not been able to trim it down and retain the false positive.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: ACC Rip or Conversion causing NOD32 to throw false positives

How can a wav file contain a virus? not possible, set NOD to ignore .wav files.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spook
      • Feb 2008

Re: ACC Rip or Conversion causing NOD32 to throw false positives

Perhaps I wasn't clear on that, the flase positive is detected only in the output file.

Consequently, the output encoding format I perviously mentioned was in error.

I was testing .wav to .aif conversion.

I only made this topic to see if anyone else has noticed particular encoding formats, songs, etc that brought their AV software to life.

In no way am I intending to imply fault with converter, codec or anything other than the NOD32 2.7 AV software and/or my overkill settings.

Frankly I'll probably uninstall the AV anyhow. First time in I've even run background AV software on a machine of my own. Only installed it since I bought a family pack for the parents & wife and have a couple unused licenses, and NOD32 up until now has had such little performance impact I just forgot about it.

Comment

Working...

]]>