title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

cd ripper stopped working

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jantots
    • Aug 2007

cd ripper stopped working

Hi -looking for advice please. Ive been searching for ages to find a program that will rip my CDs to FLAC.
    I installed the cd ripper software a few days ago. Every time I access it,it says the programme has stopped working and my only option is to close. Anyone know how to fix? uninstalled and reinstalled but no luck.
    All I want to do is to be able to rip CDs to FLAC, get the album art and save to a NAS.
    I have Windows Vista.

I've installed db poweramp music converter - MP3 licence and power pack - currently on trial. Ive also subscribed to All Media Guide for one year

Any help at all appreciated
    Last edited by jantots; August 16, 2007, 09:14 PM. Reason: extra info
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: cd ripper stopped working

Do a total uninstall mentioned here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=13285

Comment

• Biser
      • Aug 2007

I had a similar problem with Windows Vista Home Premium on a Dell computer. Program would work for a while and then toss out a bunch of errors and hang. Somewhere, in some message on this board, I saw a mention that SATA optical drives didn't work with SPT (yet). I also remembered that Dell uses the SATA interface for the cd rom on my machine.

You have to change to "Windows Internal [For Limited Accounts]" to use an alternate interface. This is under options, CD ROM, Communications. It's not obvious that that line is a drop-down box, just click on the word communication .

Since I made this change yesterday, I've ripped twelve albums with no hangs. I'm going through my whole CD collection right now and will report back if I see any more problems.

Comment

• jantots
        • Aug 2007

Hi there -
        Thanks - I've made the change as suggested - 'windows internal for lmited account'. Did this a few days ago now and no further problems with software.
        thanks very much!

Comment

Working...

]]>