title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

playing wma files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stibi
    • Feb 2004

playing wma files

I downloaded a wma file which seems to consists of a song I am looking for a long time (I don't remember it's exact name), however when I tried to play it, there appeared a message, that in order to play it, I need a license. For the same reason dBpoweramp couldn't convert it. Questions :-

1) Does this mean, that if I converted any file to wma, and email it to somebody, he wouldn't be able to play it ?

1) Is there any player which would play wma files without caring about license, or any program which would enable to play wma files without caring about license ? (As a matter of fact, if I was sure the file I downloaded consists of the song I am looking for, I wouldn't mind to pay for it).

stibi
    Last edited by stibi; June 27, 2007, 07:02 PM.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: playing wma files

If your file is protected and you do not have the rights to play it, you might as well delete the file, there is nothing you can do about it. The file is encrypted, and while there are tools that can use the encryption, they only work if you have the rights to play the file.

Comment

• stibi
      • Feb 2004

Re: playing wma files

Originally posted by LtData
      If your file is protected and you do not have the rights to play it, you might as well delete the file, there is nothing you can do about it. The file is encrypted, and while there are tools that can use the encryption, they only work if you have the rights to play the file.
      Thanks LtData
      stibi

Comment

Working...

]]>