title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

copying a data CD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mickey Sellers
    • Dec 2006

copying a data CD

I have a program on cd and would like to make a copy of it in case it gets messed up. The problem is when I try to copy it it will get to about 37 percent and stop. This is a program that has to have the cd to work. When I install it to a folder in my computer then burn it to cd every thing seems to work find except it will not run with the burned cd. It will work find with the original cd. Can someone please tell me how to burn this cd?
    Thanks a bunch!!!!!!!
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Ripping from a data CD

You need to make a full cd image copy. dCW doesn't do that. dCW is specifically for burning either audio cd's or data cd's of audio files, not general data files. You need a program like Nero for what you want to do.

Comment

• Teknojnky
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Mickey Sellers
      I have a program on cd and would like to make a copy of it in case it gets messed up. The problem is when I try to copy it it will get to about 37 percent and stop. This is a program that has to have the cd to work. When I install it to a folder in my computer then burn it to cd every thing seems to work find except it will not run with the burned cd. It will work find with the original cd. Can someone please tell me how to burn this cd?
      Thanks a bunch!!!!!!!
      Most cd's with programs like that have copy protection and won't run from any burned copy whether from nero or other disc image programs. While you may or may not be able to find a 'crack' for the program to use a burned disc, it's not likely you will get much help since thats pretty much illegal.

Comment

• Wayne
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Aug 2002

Alcohol 52% and 120% are a couple of programs that allow you to create images of 'protected' CD/DVDs so that you can create backups. In addition they allow you to mount any images created as a virtual drive so that you no longer have to use the original media to run the program/game.

Alcohol 52% was free when I last looked but has some restrictions to the number of virtual drives you can have. Alcohol 120% is not free but does have the additional ability of being able to burn images to CD/DVD.

Check out the link http://www.alcohol-soft.com/

Wayne
        Last edited by Wayne; December 29, 2006, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>