title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Neewbee Flac issues

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikeruss
    • Dec 2006

Neewbee Flac issues

Hi all - get prepared for some dumb ass questions.

I can convert to FLAC no worries, but it dumps the flac files in the root of the destination folder. I want an auto folder structure created in the root folder - Artist > Album and the the flac files named only with the song tilte. I can't see how to do this.

Also I am more concerned about sound quality, what is the best compression setting?

Thanks in advance.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Neewbee Flac issues

Moved to general.

All the compression settings give you the same audio, as FLAC is lossless. The compression just affects how small the file is and the effort that is needed to compress/decompress the file. The higher the compression, the smaller the file but the more CPU that is needed to decompress it for listening.

When you say converting to FLAC, are you talking about converting existing files, or ripping a CD? Are you using Audio CD Input?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

All FLAC compression modes have the same audio quality, it is lossless.

In R11.5 you can [Arrange Audio] with the utility codec from codec central.

The next version of R12 (beta) will allow this type of arrangement whilst converting.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mikeruss
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by LtData
        Moved to general.

When you say converting to FLAC, are you talking about converting existing files, or ripping a CD? Are you using Audio CD Input?
        I'm ripping CD's

Comment

• mikeruss
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
          All FLAC compression modes have the same audio quality, it is lossless.

In R11.5 you can [Arrange Audio] with the utility codec from codec central.

The next version of R12 (beta) will allow this type of arrangement whilst converting.
          Just used R12 - PERFECT. Next job build my NAS and buy my Sqeezebox ;-)

Cheers for all your help.

Comment

Working...

]]>