title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Lame decoding

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cindy_16051988
    • Apr 2006

Lame decoding

Hello, sorry to disturb you all. I am newbie here. Recently, I call lame.exe from my software to do the encode and decode part by the help of a friend. My software is designed to record and play wave file in audio and visual. It is used in our speech rehabilitation centre to help children with speech problem. I work part time there.

I convert the wave file recorded by my software to MP3 by calling the lame.exe. It happened successfully.

Then, since the software can only play wave (cannot play MP3), I use the lame.exe to convert MP3 to wave file again. But, my software failed to play the wave giving the error of “Unsupported File Format”.

I checked both the wave file before and after conversion. They give the same format: PCM, mono, 16 kHz, 16 bits, 256 kbps. I could not figure out why the software cant play the wave file after conversion. The software can play the wave file recorded by the software itself.

Then, I tried by changing “- -decode” to “- - decode –t” but I get another error of saying that “Invalid File Type”. The, I tried again for “-x” because I thought there may be problem of little endian and big endian. The problem is still the same.

Hope you can give me some ideas or suggestions. I promise to do it as independent as possible, please, please. Please guide me at this very beginning.
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Lame decoding

You seem to be converting to a compressed wav (at 16Khz and 256 kbps), rather than uncompressed wav. Perhaps your software cannot handle compressed wav, although you say those are the same specs you started out with.
    Try converting using dMC (not using CLI) for the time being and see if you have the same problem.
    Last edited by ChristinaS; April 26, 2006, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• cindy_16051988
      • Apr 2006

Re: Lame decoding

Hi,Christina, thank you very much for your reply, appreciate.

I have managed to convert it successfully. I was asked by a friend to remove the codes of GetNumSamples and after I removed it, the software can play the wave successfully.

May I ask? Is it possible to directly convert the wave to mp3 when the children click the button "save"? I worried that the small children dont know how to do this and that. We hope to make it as simple as possible. so that they are motivated to use this software.

Comment

Working...

]]>