title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Audio format conversion question - ALAC or WAV to tagged WMAL?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Opium357
    • Apr 2006

Audio format conversion question - ALAC or WAV to tagged WMAL?

Hello - I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right forum, but I have a general question about how to handle a mass file format conversion of all iTunes WAV audio library.

I have a pretty large (apx. 3500 songs) iTunes WAV library which I've ripped from my CDs, and would like to convert it to Windows WMA Lossless format while populating the tag metadata. I have not been able to find a program that will do this.

My thoughts are to convert the WAV to ALAC (Apple Lossless) using iTunes. This should populate the ALAC files with the tags, but I can't find a way to get from the ALAC to WMA-L.

Any solution that will allow me to convert from an iTunes WAV or ALAC library to a tagged WMA-L lib will work for me.

If anyone has any suggestions on the best way to handle this, or if anyone knows a better place to ask this question - I'd appreciate the info.

Thanks.
  • Opium357
    • Apr 2006

Re: Audio format conversion question - ALAC or WAV to tagged WMAL?

OK - it looks like the "dBpowerAMP Music Converter" will probably do this.

I'm not sure about 1 thing though, since I don't see any docs - does this application write (Encode) Lossless WMA files?

If the application will encode Lossless WMA files - I'm going to buy it today.

Thanks again, any info you can provide is appreciated.

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Re: Audio format conversion question - ALAC or WAV to tagged WMAL?

Answered here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=10290

Comment

Working...

]]>