title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

error downloading codec

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dcpulver
    • Apr 2006

error downloading codec

Using WMP 10 on an XP machine, I get "error downloading codec" and no audio when playing an avi file.

HOWEVER, the codec IS present (it's Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 which is installed as part of the WMP 10 package) as attested to by GSPOT. When the clip is run in DivX, it generates a Tag 85 error, which refers to the same codec. I've redownloaded the codec, but no change.

I have redownloaded the codec and also reinstalled WMP, but the error persists. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    DCP
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: error downloading codec

moved to Spoon's Off-Topic Forum as this is unrelated to any Illustrate product.

Comment

• gameplaya15143
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Sep 2005

Re: error downloading codec

Originally posted by dcpulver
      (it's Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 which is installed as part of the WMP 10 package)
      it comes with wmp10, but it doesnt actually get installed.. but you shoulnt need it installed for playback, the directshow mp3 decoder should handle it just fine (assuming that it is installed)

just make sure you have divx, and xvid installed.. or ffdshow if you prefer

if you actually want to install l3codecp.acm.. open regedit and navigate to...
      localmachine,software,microsoft,windowsnt,currentv ersion,drivers32

add new string "msacm.l3acm" and then set its value to "l3codecp.acm"

Comment

Working...

]]>