title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

converting large wav files into mp3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lucky
    Banned
    • Nov 2004

converting large wav files into mp3

i converted a large wav file(abt 50 minutes) into mp3.
    when i converted it into mp3 there is a period of silence every 10 seconds and the file becomes 2 hours.((i converted it with another software.))
    would using dbpoweramp convert the wav correctly or is it a problem with all converting software regarding large files.?

any1 cud help me with this?
    thanks in advance
    Last edited by lucky; March 26, 2006, 03:10 PM.
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: converting large wav files into mp3

dMC should be able to convert this file correctly. There is always the possibility however that your problem with your original conversion arose from some other problem (with conversion settings, with the original wave file, or with your system) and not with whatever program you were using for the conversion.

So try doing the conversion with dMC and if you run into the same problem, please post specifics about the source file (whether it is standard PCM wave, bit setting, frequency, channels) and your mp3 settings (bits, bitrate, frequency, channels).

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2004

It shouldn't happen. Was that a normal wav file or some kind of hybrid?

dMC ought to convert properly unless it's from an unsupported format or the wav file header is corrupt.

Why don't you just try it? There's a 30-day free trial version, which allows you to use the mp3 encoding codec and all the PowerPack features for free for that time.

Comment

• lucky
        Banned
        • Nov 2004

thanks for the info

Comment

Working...

]]>