title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

COM, Automation, GoConversion & multiple files

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fractaleater
    • Jan 2007

COM, Automation, GoConversion & multiple files

Been using the version 11 COM script approach to AddFromFile (in a loop for multiple files), GoConversion (to convert all the files to a format), and then WasConvError with GetConversionError in a loop (to get error messages).

This approach does not work with the r12ref downloaded today. I verified that Convert (single file conversion) works on the same file I am trying to convert with my legacy method.

My question is: what is the procedure for multiple file conversions (with possible multiple format conversions) while taking advantage of the multi CPU capability in R12 under the automation object approach?

TIA

Richard
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: COM, Automation, GoConversion & multiple files

Here is the updated R12 h\scripting help:

The scripter launches core converter, it in its self is not multi-cpu aware, it does not need to be. If you have two scripting objects created then 2 conversions would be done side by side, create as many as there are cpus on the system.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• fractaleater
      • Jan 2007

--mmm.. sorry. Please delete this message. I found that my task viewer had a combined graph of CPU usage that led me to the conclusion that only one core was active. When I checked the thread cpu usage, both cores were in use. I can't think of a reason to assign a particular instance of the converter to a core.

-------

Thanks,

And.. Is there any way to tell CoreConverter.exe to use a particular cpu on a multi cpu machine?
      Last edited by fractaleater; 02-04-2007, 06:49 PM. Reason: delete message

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Yes:

-processor="n" allys to a processor (on multi-cpu system), where n is 1=CPU1 2=CPU2, etc
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

I believe than when you script/command-line encode, you can only specify one processor, the other, or both in a "shared" fashion. You can't do multi-processor aka 1 file per core when you script/command-line encode.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Correct, have 2 scripting objects and specify 1 cpu for one and the other cpu for the other.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>