title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dB Poweramp CD Writer doesn't display when starting Poweramp Converter

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • petesinclair
    • Sep 2005

dB Poweramp CD Writer doesn't display when starting Poweramp Converter

Hi, When I launch dB Poweramp Converter all I get is a windows dialogue box (like a file>open dialogue) and not the CD writer window. I then have to select files from this file>open dialogue before CD writer launches. This makes it difficult (impossible) to see how much space is left on the CD until it's too late. I'm running Windows XP Pro - Service Pack 2. Any Help would be greatly appreciated as I've lot of stuff to burn. Thanks, Pete
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: dB Poweramp CD Writer doesn't display when starting Poweramp Converter

If you have dBpowerAMP CD Writer (dCW) installed, the easiest way to access it is to open it directly and add your files from there. You should be able to access through either a desktop icon or through Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>dBpowerAMP CD Writer.

If this does not work for you please let uis know the nature of the problem.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2004

I think you are a bit confused about all the programs involved.

dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC) is one program for audio file conversions.
      dBpowerAMP CD Writer (dCW) is another program for preparing and burning cd's.

dBPowerAMP Audio CD Input (CD Grabber, the cd ripper program) is another program, which works together with dMC to rip audio cd tracks and convert the ripped tracks to formats other than standard wav.

Finally dBpowerAMP Auxiliary Input is a program used for recording audio played through the sound card. It uses dMC to convert the standard wav that would normally be recorded to various compressed formats.

Comment

• petesinclair
        • Sep 2005

Thanks for the prompt replies. The solution was all too simple. When I started the CD writer it was running in a small window. Maximising the window revealed all the functionality.

Can't believe I was that dumb . . .

Duh!

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

LOL! Ok, that would do it :D

Comment

Working...

]]>