title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Where should I look for files?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spectrum77
    • Jan 2008

Where should I look for files?

Thankyou for the freeware. I see no way (including right-clicking) to import any files into the dBpoweramp CD Writer to burn to CD. What should I do? I really want to make this work. Thanks.
    edit: I did a search on this topic, and yes- I did install the beta version of the CD writer.
    Last edited by Spectrum77; January 14, 2008, 10:24 AM.
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: Where should I look for files?

Currently you need to select and right-click your audio files in Windows Explorer and select Convert To option from the menu. When the Convert To dialog appears select Audio CD and the format of the CD you are creating.

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

In addition to the method pointed out by Wayne (which works perfectly well even though it would be nicer to be able to access files from CDWriter), you can also open dBpoweramp Music Converter (dMC) and choose to convert to Audio CD.

Best wishes,
      Bill

Comment

• Spectrum77
        • Jan 2008

Thanks Wayne (and Bill)- I followed the steps and populated the CD writer without issue. I selected Standard Audio CD 74 min (6) and the burn started without any trouble but ended with the message pop up:
        'Device Error: Could not write to Disc (LBA128323Length:26) Insert a New Blank CD Disc, Retry Burn?', which I tried to no avail with two different kind of CDs. I checked the CD/DVD writer (NEC DVD RW ND-3520A DVD-CD-RW) in my computer, and it was 'functioning correctly'. Is this something I can check with the program, something with my computer settings or CD writer?
        Thanks for your patience,
        Ant

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

How much of the 74 minutes was full of files?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spectrum77
            • Jan 2008

Approximately 40%. When I used Windows Media Player to try writing CDs, the same problem occured, with approx 40% of tracks being written perfectly (i.e. the may be played without trouble), but then the program would close the CD. Thanks, Ant.

Comment

• xoas
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2002

Ant-
              Are you using a blank 74 minute (650 mb) disc or a blank 80 minute (700 mb) disk?
              If you are using blank 80 minute disks, try starting over selecting Standard Audio CD 80 minutes.

If you do not have buffer underrun selected, select it (this appears after you press the Burn icon and before the burning starts).

It used to be that some types of disks would not go well with some drives. Have you tried using a different brand of disk? (Please ignore if you have successfully used these disks with this drive before).

If these suggestions don't help, please let us know.

Best wishes,
              Bill

Comment

• Spectrum77
                • Jan 2008

Bill- fastest reply I've ever seen on a forum!
                Are you using a blank 74 minute (650 mb) disc or a blank 80 minute (700 mb) disk?
                80min Maxell discs.
                If you are using blank 80 minute disks, try starting over selecting Standard Audio CD 80 minutes.
                Thanks, I did try selecting this option on one of the several attempts.

If you do not have buffer underrun selected, select it (this appears after you press the Burn icon and before the burning starts).
                I'll give that a try tonight (I'm in Japan today, Wed 16/1 - I think it may be tomorrow for you blokes!)
                It used to be that some types of disks would not go well with some drives. Have you tried using a different brand of disk? (Please ignore if you have successfully used these disks with this drive before).
                Yes, I have, but will purchase another brand to make sure. Another thing I just thought of is that this problem has only occured since I re-installed an updated version of Windows XP (home edition). Before that I was using XP Pro and never had any issue with burning CDs. That leads me to think that there could be a computer configuration issue. I'm (obviously) still learning about advanced processes with computers.
                Ant

Comment

• bhoar
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Xoote
                  Great tips thanks
                  I wonder if Xoote is a real user, or a spam bot that will come by later and insert spam links into it's posts/signatures?

-brendan

Comment

Working...

]]>