title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

separate folders / albums on mp3 cd?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • muzicripa
    • Jan 2007

separate folders / albums on mp3 cd?

hi, does anyone know how (or if) i can ad whole albums to an mp3 cd? all i get is one long list of singel tracks. thanks for any help.
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: separate folders / albums on mp3 cd?

There are actually 2 possible solutions for this:
    1. Assuming you want to keep your tracks in separate folders by album and perhaps organized by track number see this thread here:
    I'm trying to create a CD of mp3 files which are grouped in folders on the CD. I have only been able to create a CD with all 100+ files in a root directory, which makes it difficult to find a selection when playing back the CD. Also, is there a way that an album cover .jpg file can be identified with the resulting folder on

(I suspect that this is what you are wanting to do.

2. If you don't mind entire albums/CDs being treated as single tracks, you could rip your CD's to mp3 using the "Rip as One" feature but then you lose the ability to access separate tracks. (Keep this feature in mind, however, if you have an album where 2 tracks run together and you want to keep them together, if you have classical albums and you want to keep the pieces of short works (like short concertos) as single tracks, or if you have live albums where either you want to cut pre- and post-music talk and/or crowd noise, or where the end of one track contains the spoken intro to the next track, this feature is way handy then).

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• muzicripa
      • Jan 2007

Re: separate folders / albums on mp3 cd?

thanks a million! i didn't find the other thread yesterday - its exactly what i wanted to do :-)

Comment

Working...

]]>