title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

In need of some expertise

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hifrad
    • Jun 2011

In need of some expertise

I am very much a novice at all of this, so please forgive me if most of my questions have been answered in the forums. I have done a bit of searching but still have many questions

I have purchased the dbPoweramp and I have 10,000+ CDs

FIRST ISSUE

I would like to buy some sort of robot so that I can have the CDs ripped while at work and while I sleep as well.
    But based on what I've read, I am fearful of certain CDs being damaged. Is there a specific robot which has proven to be reliable and not damage CDs?
    Also, is there a feature in dbPoweramp where if a rip is taking too long it can abort the rip and move onto the next CD?

SECOND ISSUE

I plan to edit most of the metadata myself after the rips have been completed, but I was wondering if there was a specific service which provides the best and most consistent metadata as to make my job a little easier

THIRD ISSUE
    I have considered using Sonata Server for browsing, but I tend to prefer using my own folder system to browse my collection. I am aware that Foobar can do this, but I'd prefer to use software with Theater View possibilities. Are there any recommendations?

I appreciate your help!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: In need of some expertise

I am not sure I have seen a robot damage a CD, they either pick up the discs and place in a tray, or the nimbie drops the disc into the tray.
    dBpoweramp has the option to abort after a specified time.

Using all the possible metadata providers and blending the result gives the best possible automatic metadata.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Hifrad
      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
      I am not sure I have seen a robot damage a CD, they either pick up the discs and place in a tray, or the nimbie drops the disc into the tray.
      dBpoweramp has the option to abort after a specified time.

Using all the possible metadata providers and blending the result gives the best possible automatic metadata.
      Spoon thank you!

Do you have a recommended cd robot?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

What is your budget?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...