title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Discussion of Automated CD Loaders

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tommyd
    • Nov 2009

Re: Discussion of Automated CD Loaders

Can anyone confirm if the batch ripper works with the Primera BravoPro Xi2? This is a newer, faster version of the Bravo series, and I'd like to use that for ripping if it is supported. Thanks in advance!

Comment

• tommyd
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Spoon
      Officially (will be more public soon) we recommend:

Primera is one of the world's leading manufacturers of specialty printing equipment including Disc Publishers, Color Label Printers & Applicators, signature slide printers.

I have been impressed by the build quality of their systems, internally we use them for 1000's of DVD duplication, all without a hitch day and night.

In batch ripper you can get a disc sequential number, also there is a DSP effect called Run External - these two could potentially (with some clever scripting) allow a list of UPC numbers to be applied to filenames.

For Batch Ripping I also recommend ripping to a lossless format (such as Wave, or FLAC), then overnighting the conversion to mp3/wma - possibly you could do it in one step (you would have to use the multi-encoder, but this complicates your filenaming by x25
      Can you confirm which models are supported for batch ripping? (Maybe it's easier to state which are NOT supported.) I am primarily interested in the Bravo XRP, BravoProXi2 and perhaps the Bravo II, in that order. We're a small software company with occasional dupe needs and our old machine is beyond servicing - so time to buy a new one. I have over 7000 CDs to rip and want a reasonably affordable, robust unit that will serve both purposes.

TIA for any help!

--Tom

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It should be automatically supported by the new drivers.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pjc2
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Nov 2009

Kodak Kiosks?

Does anybody know what happened to bhoar? He seems to have fallen off the face of the earth ~2 months ago.

The Kodak Kiosks he was selling sounded like a great option ($300/50-disc), and far more affordable than any of the Primera offerings ($1500/20-disc). I think the only way to use the Kiosks with dbPoweramp was to use his drivers, so if he's disappeared, I can't even pick one up on eBay.

Ideally I'd like a 50-disc loader for less than the $1500 that Primera's asking. Are there any other decent options?

Comment

• Drivein
            • Nov 2009

I am new here and need help. I am not too technical but am trying to get a software program to work with my TRACE AFFEX APS 2002 autoloader. Anybody know about this? It is a SCSI as far as the drives are concern but am thinking about changing this out to USB or the like. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for any help.

Comment

• winopener
              • Oct 2009

Re: Kodak Kiosks?

Originally posted by pjc2
              Does anybody know what happened to bhoar? He seems to have fallen off the face of the earth ~2 months ago.

The Kodak Kiosks he was selling sounded like a great option ($300/50-disc), and far more affordable than any of the Primera offerings ($1500/20-disc). I think the only way to use the Kiosks with dbPoweramp was to use his drivers, so if he's disappeared, I can't even pick one up on eBay.

Ideally I'd like a 50-disc loader for less than the $1500 that Primera's asking. Are there any other decent options?
              The drivers for the Kodak Kiosk are on the download page of dbPoweramp. Mounted today a replacement for the logic board and it works like a charm.

Comment

• pjc2
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by winopener
                The drivers for the Kodak Kiosk are on the download page of dbPoweramp.
                Really? Where? The Batch Ripper page doesn't offer a download link for Kodaks that I can see.

And where can one find these loaders now?

Comment

• winopener
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by pjc2
                  Really? Where? The Batch Ripper page doesn't offer a download link for Kodaks that I can see.

And where can one find these loaders now?
                  (for implemetation into dBpoweramp Batch Ripper). Here is the place to mention the automated loader you have, and any known technical details on driving the loader.

For finding these loaders, there are a couple of references in the forum. Sometimes these shows on Ebay too.

Comment

• pjc2
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Nov 2009

That's interesting. I'm surprised Brendan was pointing to the Batch Ripper page, since he appears to be selling the driver now. But, perhaps unsurprisingly, the Batch Ripper page doesn't appear to provide the Kodak driver now.

But it sounds like Brendan has been spotted, so I may be able to find out more from him. Thanks!

Comment

• ChristophR
                      • Jan 2010

I have a Dexpresso (aka Roboracer) and i have write .bat files for it, for the ULCLI Driver from Brendan.

My question is what´s the trick to run the .bat files with the Batchripper, or is there any chance to write a driver directly for the batchripper ?

since there is no response from brendan there is no chance to get his driver

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

cmd.exe /c your.bat
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Sir Dancelot
                          • Jan 2010

Hello everyone!

I have a Datatronics Mini Cubis (DA5600) and want to use DBPowerAmp to rip my collection, but there seems to be something wrong.

It loads the CD just fine, but on unload it doesnt 'close' the CD pickup pin and doesn't pickup the cd.

pressing the longer button right next to the center of the underside of the pickup arm during load mode (I.E. What a CD would normally do) will stop the arm moving and close the pickup pin, locking the CD in place. Pressing the same button during unload mode does nothing. The arm just goes down, stops under some pressure and then goes up again, leaving the CD in the tray and then the light on the arm will blink red.

Opening the tray myself and issuing the load command will pickup the CD from the tray just fine, but obiously will allso put it back in...

However, that seems to point in the direction of a missing command or something like it in the unload script???

I tried XP/Vista/W7 and the behaviour is allways the same. The driver i am using is the one that came with it on CD : 02/01/2004 ver 1.0.1.0 with DBPowerAmp R13.3 + latest batch ripper and mini cubis loader.

Any help would really be appreciated!
                          Last edited by Sir Dancelot; 01-16-2010, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

Does the robot work in anything else, because the drive only issues a unload command to the robot, and it does the moving and releasing.
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Sir Dancelot
                              • Jan 2010

I am not sure what you mean, but as stated the robot does the complete loading movement flawlessly. The only thing it doesn't do is lock the cd onto the arm during the unloading process.

Comment

• Spoon
                                Administrator
                                • Apr 2002

It is the robot which controls this (or driver) not the PC software.
                                Spoon
                                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>