title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Collection accidentally deleted

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marcutin
    • Oct 2005

Collection accidentally deleted

I have only recently started to look at this player to see if it suited my needs.

However there seems to be an error in the set-up of the downloaded version, in that when I cleared my music collection, it also removed all my files from disk!

I know I should have been more careful, and kept back-ups etc, but is there any way that the original files can be un-deleted?

I've tried a standard data recovery program, but the files it recovered will need a lot of sorting out.

Any help or suggestions would be welcome.
    Thanks
  • donny
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Oct 2002

Re: Collection accidentally deleted

This indeed seems like an error... there is an option to delete the files from disk but it's on right click->advanced->Delete ***file(s) from disk***
    The right-click->remove option does not delte files just removes them from the collection...
    and if they were deleted there isn't much more that you could do. the standard un-delete programs are the only way to go...

Comment

• marcutin
      • Oct 2005

Re: Collection accidentally deleted

Well, thanks anyway.

Incidentally, it would be a good safeguard if the player at least asked an "are you sure you want to delete all your music files?" type question, or maybe moved the files to the recycle bin just in case!

Comment

Working...

]]>