title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Wave / DirectX output

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lt.Worf

• Sep 2005

Wave / DirectX output

Can anyone explain what is the exact difference between Wave and DirectX output and whats the "better" way ?
    Under Wave Out I have 2 more options: Wave Mapper and Aureon Wave (I have Aureon Space7.1 form Terratec), what is the difference here ?
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2002

Re: Wave / DirectX output

This (from the Help file for dAP) may answer your question somewhat:
    At the top we have Amp, gives access to normal Volume, Balance, as well as a power off button. The Input Selector switch will always point to Multiplayer, later releases might add to this. Output To sets which method is used to send sound to your sound card - either Waveout or DirectX. Waveout tends to be more resilient to skipping and is better for Gapless playback.
    Clicking Configure displays any options present for the selected output method.
    Also, we have found that in some situations apparent glitches in dAP audio performance will be resolved by switching from one of these settings to another.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• donny
      dBpoweramp Guru

• Oct 2002

Re: Wave / DirectX output

I think there were some threads discusing this earlier... I prefer DirectX, doesn't tamper with the "wave" volume and it is quieter which I prefer because of games and movies...

Comment

Working...

]]>