title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping from a data CD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingdonut66

• Jun 2005

Ripping from a data CD

Does dBpowerAMP have the ability to rip from a data CD?

I have some .wma's from Napster that I tried converting via Auxiliary Input - THAT didn't work (I'm guessing due to my sound card), therefore I put the .wma's in question onto a data CD and trying to rip it out as another option.

Any help will do. Thanks!

Tyler
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru

• May 2004

Re: Ripping from a data CD

You will have to use dMC Auxiliary Input to convert these tracks, as they are protected. Did you follow the instructions for Aux. Input that are in the FAQ (and linked below)? Burning protected wma files to a CD as data will not enable dMC to convert them. Can you burn these tracks to an Audio CD, by chance?

Comment

• kingdonut66

• Jun 2005

I can't burn the tracks to an audio CD without purchasing the tracks, and considering my cash flow is . . . . uhhhh, about nil right now, that's not a viable option for me.

As for my use of Auxiliary Input, I did follw the instructions but was still having issues. It seems like Auxiliary Input is more of a program designed for extracting audio from . . . . well, as the name suggests, an auxiliary source (i.e. record player, cassette, portable CD player, etc. . . virtually anything that would require an in-line jack to use on a PC), and not from an internal source, such as a hard drive, which is about the only way this could be done.

I suppose I could try extracting it by way of putting my microphone to the speaker, but I would lose just about all the audio quality that I would want.

Hopefully that'll answer all the questions for you, but if you've got more, I'd be happy to hear them.

Thanks!

Tyler

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru

• May 2004

No, you should be able to play what the soundcard is outputting without using cables or the microphone.
        Did you try looking at the instructions I linked to?

Comment

• kingdonut66

• Jun 2005

I took another glance at the Auxiliary Input instructions and realized what the problem was. I didn't realize that I had "Wave Out Mix" as an option. D'oh!

I probably didn't notice due to the fact that I haven't checked the PC volume controls for a long, long, long, LONG time on my machine, since I have the controls jacked up to the max and left there at all times, controlling volume with my speaker volume knob only. And considering I don't believe I've ever used my sound card for recording purposes . . . . well, you get the picture.

So once again, my own personal stupidity rises above all. Sorry if you feel like your time was wasted, but I do thank you very much for the help!

Tyler

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru

• May 2004

That's OK, learning how to use Aux Input can be kind of tricky. Glad you figured it out.

Comment

Working...

]]>