title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Still having problems with organising folders.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chippy
    • Jun 2003

Still having problems with organising folders.

Release 3 Beta 6

Now I am getting frustrated…
    To those of you following, I like to organise my folders by using the option

Collection
    …Music collection
    ……Arrange files

and have my default setting as:-
    artist]\[album]\[track number xx] - [track]

Now as previously discussed when I use it with a CD of multiple artists it spreads them all over the place, which again as discussed is tough as what else can it do
    I accepted that and thought about it and decided to have two folders under my main folder, one for CD’s by single artists or bands and the other for CD’s with multiple artists, then set up dBpower Amp to only organise the one folder, so I end up with this…

My music collection
    …… Music by one artist or band (sorted by dBpower Amp)
    …… Music by various artists (not sorted by dBpower Amp)

and dBpower Amp is set to sort the folder:-
    C:\Documents and Settings\....\My Documents\My music collection\Music by one artist or band (sorted by dBpower Amp)

But, yep you guessed, it did both folders and again split up my CD of multiple artists all over the place! Is this right? I would have thought that specifying the folder right down from the root folder would have forced dBpower Amp to only arrange the files under that folder and ignore any other folders?

Am I fighting a loosing battle here? or what!

All help is really appreciated and is passed on in advance

Brian

I was just checking something else and discovered that not only did dBpower Amp reorganise the mixed CD of various artists in to...
    Music by one artist or band (sorted by dBpower Amp)
    but it put a duplicate set into...
    Music by various artists (not sorted by dBpower Amp)
    as well!!!
    Last edited by chippy; April 22, 2005, 12:30 PM. Reason: Just noticed a further thing
Working...

]]>