title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Reorganising directories/folders

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chippy
    • Jun 2003

Reorganising directories/folders

I love the option to be able to reorganise my directories (folders, sorry I’m old school) according to my choice by using:-

Collection
    …Music collection
    ……Arrange files

and have my default setting as:-
    artist]\[album]\[track number xx] - [track]

Which all works fine and dandy until I add a CD of music that has multiple tracks from different artists.

What happens then of course is that instead of having a folder of the particular CD, I have heaps of folders with the artists name and one or maybe two tracks listed under it.

I guess I could have a folder away from my music folder with all the various artists in it but that does not seem to be the best way of doing it and is prone to be forgotten about.

With a collection of 25gig plus when I forget and sort it takes ages to fix it again

Am I missing something or has anyone found a better way.

Cheers Brian

Also because I have been away for a long time I would like to check if my dB power Amp is up to date but for the life of me I can’t find the version number! Where is it (hidden)
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Reorganising directories/folders

At the dap stage it cannot really know that a cd was a multiartist cd, as the files are handled individually (an album does not stay linked).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• donny
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Oct 2002

and there is always the problem how the program could recognize that the album is the same... being that there are some album names that you will find on many CDs such as greatest hits, best of, etc...

version number is on the right click menu on the border... if it ain't there then the version is definitely old newest should be beta 6

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Eventually dBpowerAMPs CD ripper will get 'Audio Profiles' and one will autodetect a various artist CD and allow a different file creation (such as Various\Album\Artist - Track), but if an arrange was then done in dAP it would un-do that.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• chippy
          • Jun 2003

dBAmp Version

Originally posted by donny
          and there is always the problem how the program could recognize that the album is the same... being that there are some album names that you will find on many CDs such as greatest hits, best of, etc...

version number is on the right click menu on the border... if it ain't there then the version is definitely old newest should be beta 6
          I can't find the version as you suggest Donny so I guess I must be out of date.
          However I am confused as you say beta 6 but the homepage says V2 which I think I have but as I said I can't find it.

As far as the sorting goes I guess I'm stuffed :(

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Re: dBAmp Version

Link to the newest dAP beta just below. The latest release IS release 2, but release 3 is up to beta 6, as donny said. Although its beta, its been stable enough for me to use for a while now.
            All betas are in the beta section of this forum.

Comment

• chippy
              • Jun 2003

Updated version and found version number

Originally posted by LtData
              Link to the newest dAP beta just below. The latest release IS release 2, but release 3 is up to beta 6, as donny said. Although its beta, its been stable enough for me to use for a while now.
              All betas are in the beta section of this forum.
              Thanks guys I have the latest version and so far it looks good (never liked the black background).

I read and read Donny's statement telling me where to find the version number and I'm stuffed if I could find it, then bugger me tonight I read it again and found it :komisch9: I must be getting slow, well I am 50 now so ‘old timers disease’ must be setting in :(

I'm sure its not a bug but when I was scrolling through my collection after updating to the latest version, I discovered some of my collection with a genre of POP, what the... I would never allow any POP tracks in my collection and even some with Rock/Pop surley that's a oxymoron
              Anyway I have changed them and updated my tags, never to be seen again, Huh I ask you POP.

Comment

Working...

]]>