title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Playing CDs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adaywayne
    dBpoweramp Guru

• Nov 2004

Playing CDs

A few days ago I pointed out that, as far as I know, DAP is the only player that reads and displays the track titles of CD-Rs. That is still true. However, I have a problem.

I had one CD-R which DAP would not recognise/play at all. I tested 10 such CDs and DAP would open only 3 of them. The 7 that would not open were also unrecognized by DMC's Audio CD Input. On some, but not all, of the 7 CD-Rs
    DAP would open and show the LAST track title, but would not play anything....it just sits there, stuck but no error messages.

All other player/ripper programs I tested (Winamp, MPC, WMP, CDex) had no problem with any of the 10. I uninstalled and reinstalled DAP, but the problem remains.
  • adaywayne
    dBpoweramp Guru

• Nov 2004

Re: Playing CDs

Am making some progress. In DMC Audio DC Configuration, I cahnged the option from "2000/NT Device IO" to "2000.NT Built-In (Limited)". DAP and Audio CD Input will now recognise and play/rip all CD-Rs tested. One small problem left....DAP no longer displays the track titles as it did before.

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru

• May 2004

Originally posted by adaywayne
      Am making some progress. In DMC Audio DC Configuration, I cahnged the option from "2000/NT Device IO" to "2000.NT Built-In (Limited)". DAP and Audio CD Input will now recognise and play/rip all CD-Rs tested. One small problem left....DAP no longer displays the track titles as it did before.
      That's due to CD-Text no longer being read when you switch to (Limited). Idea: Have you tried setting the communication to (Limited), having Audio Cd Input reading the CD, then switching back to the non-limited? Just a thought

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It can only get the text from an online database, but if you have created a custom cd it will not appear in the database.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• adaywayne
          dBpoweramp Guru

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by Spoon
          It can only get the text from an online database, but if you have created a custom cd it will not appear in the database.

Then something is very odd indeed. Until a few days ago, DAP would read and scroll the titles from my own custom-burned CDs (the titles are definitely on the CD-R, because CDex reads them perfectly). I even posted a picture in this forum of just that (the titles scrolling across the DAP window). It certainly was not getting the information from any online database! I will try LtData's suggestion and post back.

Comment

• adaywayne
            dBpoweramp Guru

• Nov 2004

That's due to CD-Text no longer being read when you switch to (Limited).

[COLOR=Red]Yes, I realised that.[/COLOR]

Idea: Have you tried setting the communication to (Limited), having Audio Cd Input reading the CD, then switching back to the non-limited? Just a thought.

And a good thought! I will try it and let you know.

Comment

• adaywayne
              dBpoweramp Guru

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by LtData
              That's due to CD-Text no longer being read when you switch to (Limited). Idea: Have you tried setting the communication to (Limited), having Audio Cd Input reading the CD, then switching back to the non-limited? Just a thought
              Yes. With the "Limited" setting, Audio CD Input recognises the CD but not the track names....just the list of track numbers. If I then switch back to "IO",
              neither Audio CD Input nor DAP recognise the CD at all.

Comment

Working...

]]>