title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Empty Music Collection Actions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Empty Music Collection Actions

Not sure if its a bug or just a quirk. Anyway, here's the situation:

All my music, as well as my music collection, is stored on my external HDD. I started up dAP with the hard-drive unknowingly unhooked. Therefore, my MMC was empty. When I navigated to the music collection (with the same name) it apparently saved the new blank music collection where it was supposed to, overwriting the real collection. I restored my backup (score one for backups) and watch it happen again. I realized that it was over-writing it, so I restored my backup again and this time made it read-only. It said it was unable to save the MMC, so I clicked "Cancel". Bam, my real MMC was restored. I then unticked read-only and did a save-as of the collection to that folder again just to make sure it took.

Not sure if anything can be done to fix it, or if anybody else has this problem. Just wanted to make people aware of this: If you cannot access your MMC at one point, then can access it later, the blank one will over-write the real one when you CAN access it.
    Last edited by LtData; March 05, 2005, 04:00 AM.
Working...

]]>