title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Severe skipping with certain volume normalizer?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wildbilldubs
    • Mar 2005

Severe skipping with certain volume normalizer?

Hello all...

I'm using dbPowerAMP Music Converter (unsure of the exact version, but I will check later) and it is simply an excellent little program. It does exactly what I need and want...so I registered the MP3 encoder and power pack. I am a very happy customer...but I think I've run into a problem.

I've started to explore some of the more detailed options available in the program...such as the volume normalizer in the PowerPack DSP. It is here that I ran into a problem. I found that when using one of the normalizer methods (again, I'll have to check to see which one as I am away from that computer now) that there were severe audio skips, dropouts or major "jumps" occuring in almost every file that I encoded. (Some files were fine.)

I figured at first that A) my portable music player was being asked to do something beyond its abilities or B) that Windows Media encoding was causing the problem. So I switched to a low-bitrate MP3 conversion and found the problem was still around with files converted and then played on either the computer or the music player.

What I'd like to know is where I'm going wrong. I don't think I have an underpowered computer--the machine in question has dual SATA hard disks, 1GB of RAM and a 3.4GHz Pentium 4 processor. Windows 2000 Professional SP4 is the operating system. Can anyone help me or explain what's going on?
  • wildbilldubs
    • Mar 2005

Ooops!

Whoops!

My apologies to everyone. It appears that I missed the support area for dbPowerAMP music converter. I'll try to get the post in the right place...

Comment

Working...

]]>