title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Disable mouseover popup file info??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jsuebersax
    • Feb 2005

Disable mouseover popup file info??

In Windows Explorer, with dbpowerAMP installed, when you move the cursor over a music file icon you get a popup that gives details about the file.

This is helpful sometimes. Other times it gets in the way (for example if you just want to highlight a file to move it).

The popups occur even when dbpowerAMP is not running.

Is there a way to disable the mouseover popup feature? I've checked the documentation and the messages here and couldn't find this addressed, but certainly I'm not the only person who finds the popups inconvenient at times.

Thanks!
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Disable mouseover popup file info??

it is a windows feature. in windows explorer just click on tools-->folder options, and disable folder/item popups.

for dbpoweramp it is start-->programs-->dbpoweramp music converter-->configuration-->dmc configuration, disable pop ups there too.
    Last edited by Spoons; February 22, 2005, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• jsuebersax
      • Feb 2005

Thanks. The Windows Explorer method seems to work. But I'm not sure I want to disable popups completely--just the large ones dbpoweramp makes.

I tried:

start-->programs-->dbpoweramp music converter-->configuration-->dmc configuration

but when I go:

start-->programs-->dbpoweramp music converter

the only choice I have is -->Help. I don't believe I have DMC installed. I just have a codec.

Would I need to install DMC for this to work?

John

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Did you simply try in dMC Configuration and uncheck Info pop-ups? Keep the rest checked. This will take the dMC pop-ups out WIndows explorer, but allow Convert to on right click. If you enable back the windows pop-ups (in folder options), then you'll get what you want.
        Last edited by ChristinaS; February 23, 2005, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• jsuebersax
          • Feb 2005

Thanks for your reply. I believe I only installed dbpowerAMP. I never installed DMC. Therefore I appears that I don't have any access to DMC options per se.

Can I manually edit a configuration file?

John

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by jsuebersax
            Thanks for your reply. I believe I only installed dbpowerAMP. I never installed DMC. Therefore I appears that I don't have any access to DMC options per se.

Can I manually edit a configuration file?

John
            You must have dMC. That simply stands for dBpowerAMP Music Converter. I don't even think the player (dAP) can be installed alone.

Just look in Start > Programs > dBpowerAMP and see the various programs included there. One of them is dMC Configuration.

Comment

• jsuebersax
              • Feb 2005

If I recall correctly, I needed to download a dMC codec to get dAP to work, but did not need to install dMC itself. I also cannot locate a dMC folder anywhere. If you're certain that dMC must be installed, do you know the name of its .exe file?

As I mentioned earlier, I can get this far:

start-->programs-->dbpoweramp music converter

but the resulting "menu" lists only one option: Help. It doesn't say anything about configurations. I'm assuming that dAP or the codec I installed is responsible for for adding this partial dMC information in my "start" hierarchy.

John

Comment

• FragileImpunity
                • Mar 2005

John I do believe you are correct in that you did not NEED to install dMC with dAP I remember installing them seperatly.

Comment

• JTuttle
                  • Mar 2005

It's true. you don't need dMC installed to run dAP. But if what you're looking for is to disable the pop-ups in the music collection, in addition to explorer, you need to do it from the options in there.

Comment

Working...

]]>