title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Possible to create "non-standard" tags in music files?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wmjordan
    • Jan 2005

Possible to create "non-standard" tags in music files?

Is it possible to add some non-standard tags such as "Composer=??" or "Lyrics=??some multi-line strings??", besides those standard ones like "Title=??" or "Artist=??", into an OGG, APE, MPC or MP3 music file before ripping a CD?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Possible to create "non-standard" tags in music files?

Not currently, but it is a good idea.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• wmjordan
      • Jan 2005

Thank you Spoon.

I would like to collect some more info than other music management software offers.

You know, for classical music pieces, the composers and the performers are of the same importance for us to know, and the composers are more important, strictly speaking. Only one "Artist" field might not be informative enough regarding that. And for those pop or rock tracks, it is not a bad idea to know and record more about those whom have written the music and the lyrics.

And if we can put some more such as Lyrics, if possible, into the file, that would be nice. It seems that APEv2 supports extensive tags--an impression given to me from the tag editor in Foobar2000.

BTW:
      Oops, I am sorry I did not realize that I have posted the thread in a wrong forum. This thread was supposed to be posted in /Music Converter/Support... or Wishes List... Please move it there if appropriated.
      Last edited by wmjordan; February 21, 2005, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It is also possible for dMC to do it after the file has been ripped (right click >> Edit Tag and create a new tag of any value).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• wmjordan
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Spoon
          It is also possible for dMC to do it after the file has been ripped (right click >> Edit Tag and create a new tag of any value).
          Yes, but it requires a "powerpack" installed....which is not a "freebie".

And... is it possible to create an "XML export" output "codec" which outputs all readable tags in the selected music files in explorer into an XML file or an HTML file? You told me that the dbPowerAmp Player could do some part of the job, however, the workaround is somewhat fussy, since the job can only be done in the Music Collections. Thus it is far from being convenient. I hope that you can provide us an XML export "codec".

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Only if there is a sufficient demand for one.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>