title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Q. dAP used to work, but now it just crashes?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MasterOfPuppets
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Nov 2002

Q. dAP used to work, but now it just crashes?

Fed dAP a corrupt file a couple of days ago (I believe it was a valid mp3 file misnamed to an m3u extension) and amp.exe crashed, as in the XP "has encountered a problem and needs to close screen popped up. Upon reopening it crashes as soon as it is opened. I pulled a 'dBpowerAMP' uninstall and then a dAPResetAll followed by a reboot and reinstallation, yet it still behaves as if nothing has happened. Running dAPr3b6 and have dMC and a bunch of codecs on the compy.

What to advise?
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Q. dAP used to work, but now it just crashes?

Check for viruses? Maybe that file was infected and passed it on.

Comment

• Razgo
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

dap seems to look for the last thing it did so perhaps it is still trying to open that file. did you rename the file? or remove it? so it should try and open something that's not there anymore.

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Oh, LOL! I though he meant the computer won't work any more and it crashes as soon as it boots up!

I guess those would be the files called username.Previously Played and username.m3u and maybe a few others prefixed buy username where username is your Windows login user name.

I would edit them in Notepad and delete the contents so as to start fresh. Not sure if you can just delete the files themselves.

Also not sure if there's anything in the registry as well.

Or something else that may fix it is to right click on some audio file and select Pay in dAP for it. it may take its mind off of the bad file it hda before.

Comment

• Razgo
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

well if a clean registry is needed then:

"A. If uninstalling does not help, then follow these instructions to make a totally clean start:

*** if you are using dBpowerAMP Audio Player, backup your music collection first ***

1)Select 'Start' >> 'Run' and type:

regedit.exe

Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate
          delete the Key (folder) 'dBpowerAMP'.

2) Using Windows Explorer, open C:\Program Files\Illustrate and Delete the folder 'dBpowerAMP'

3) Reinstall, one by one dMC and Codecs.

4) Reinstall, dbpoweramp music player"

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Nov 2002

Thanks Christina, the tip of deleting uname.xxx worked perfectly, you have much skill.

Yess, awesome, thanks more!

Comment

Working...

]]>