title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

I getting very, very happy!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mm3670
    • Jan 2005

I getting very, very happy!

In reading the forum I realized that I can use selective play, then "collection/random selector" to do damn nearly what I've been wanting to do! I wanted to rate songs, then select them based on rating, genre, and maybe artist to send them to a portable, or to make a playlist. I had to download the latest dap r3_beta6 because of bugs in r2, but this is really close to my ulitimate wishlist!

The only example of what this doesn't quite cover (being very picky now) is that sometimes I want to just select, lets say female recording artists. Since there is no genre for this, I'm not seeing a way to do this. My idea initially was to edit something into the tags that identified the track as a female recording artist, but since it won't search on all characters of a field, I can't quite do this. This is a minor issue at this point, but it might be something to consider. People might want to edit into the id tags some special identifier so they can grab certain playlists when they want to.

BTW, I recently registered to get pwr pack etc, and I'm definitely happy I did! Thanks Spoon!!
  • Da Floyd
    • Nov 2002

Re: I getting very, very happy!

Not sure if this will work or not, but in MMC right click on the file and then click "Edit Tag". Then there should be a button for "New Genre", click on that and type in "Female" or whatever you want. I believe you can have as many Genre's clicked in a single file as you want to. So a single file might have "Rock" and "Female" and "Oldies" etc. at the same time, this should work. You should also be able to highlight all the female artists in MMC at the same time, then click on "Edit Tag" and add the Genre to all of them at once instead of individually doing them all. Spoons or some of the other moderators might be able to offer more on this, but give it a try. Hope this helps on your quest for perfection.

Comment

• mm3670
      • Jan 2005

I'm pretty sure when you do this, the multiple genres are not actually written to the track; they must be kept in MMC database. One time I added multiple genre's, then removed the track from MMC, read it back, and only the first genre was there.

So, as long as the MMC database is kept okay, it might work out, but I'd rather have the info in the tracks themselves.

Thanks

Comment

• donny
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Oct 2002

the problem is that there is no standard way to have multiple genres in the tag of the file... but maybe dap should write them as they are in MMC...

Comment

Working...

]]>