title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

reading Audio CD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UnZen
    • Jan 2005

reading Audio CD

The eternal question: am I posting to the right forum (fingers crossed). I am new to whole MP3 thing. Just dowloaded dbp.
    Problem: I opened dmc audio CD input, but can't get it to recognize my CD :-( . I insert cd per request but 'nada'. No tracks, no info... blank screen. Have you any idea why? I appreciate any answers... and all smilies.
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: reading Audio CD

ok, lets first check your file associations.

start-->programs-->dbpoweramp-->configurations-->file associations

in the new screen top/first window scroll and look for cda File and put a tick in the box. also look for other codecs like mp3,wma etc...

Comment

• Razgo
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

then also check the following.

start dmc audio cd input and then click on options and look in the new window 6 lines down you will see cd drive and click on the advanced button on the right and then in the new window click on cd communication and select from the drop down box 2000 / NT Built-in (limited)

this is assuming you are running XP windows.

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

dMC Audio CD Input > Options > do yo have the correct cd drive there? if so, click Advanced > try changing cd communication to something else - one of Nt/2000 may work.

Right arrow next to Options > Standard cd player emulation > toggle the Detect Table of Contents.

Comment

• UnZen
          • Jan 2005

Thank to both Razgo & Christina. You answered quickly, but I was lost in the threads. Finally found myself today! Did as you both indicated but can't find "file indicators" and with the suggested manipulations, still get the same messages. I must be looking in the wrong places. Here is what I see:
          dMC Config= info on version, contacts, codex.
          dMC Audio Config= I changed CD Communication to 2000 /NT, then tried XP, but no change. (I have XP Family 2002)
          In Audio CD Input clicked on Options, toggled Table of content dectected. No difference. Went to Audio CD Parameters, but each time No Audio CD Detected.
          Sorry. Hope I'm not trying your patience too much :-( Still want to figure this out. Any other suggestions?
          Last edited by UnZen; February 06, 2005, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by UnZen
            Thank to both Razgo & Christina. You answered quickly, but I was lost in the threads. Finally found myself today! Did as you both indicated but can't find "file indicators" and with the suggested manipulations, still get the same messages. I must be looking in the wrong places. Here is what I see:
            dMC Config= info on version, contacts, codex.
            dMC Audio Config= I changed CD Communication to 2000 /NT, then tried XP, but no change. (I have XP Family 2002)
            In Audio CD Input clicked on Options, toggled Table of content dectected. No difference. Went to Audio CD Parameters, but each time No Audio CD Detected.
            Sorry. Hope I'm not trying your patience too much :-( Still want to figure this out. Any other suggestions?
            OK, in dMC Audio CD Input click on the BIG Options button- on the word Options itself (you only clicked on the little down arrow to the right of it). You will see a screen with more information, among those the selection of CD drive. Make sure you have the correct drive in there.

Not sure where you found CD Communication defined as XP, unless it's new with a later release or maybe only present for an XP system (I run Windows 2000). For CD Communicaiton I only have ASPI, 2000/NT Device IO and 2000/NT Built-in (Limited). For me 2000/NT device IO works, for others it may be 2000/NT Built-in (Limited).

Comment

• Razgo
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

you can't find "file association? , ok maybe re install. oh, you have dbpoweramp music player installed too?

latest dap: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=2045

latest dmc: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6740

Comment

• UnZen
                • Jan 2005

Yeah! It worked, Christina! Clicked on the BIG options button (silly me clicking in the little arrow :-) I changed to the correct Drive and then made sure to save it on the correct drive. et Voila! Merci, gracias, xie xie, domo arigato, thank you. Thanks to the Raz, too.
                Sincerely, one happy camper.

Comment

Working...

]]>