title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Monkeys Audio Don't Work

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Azrael

• Jan 2005

Monkeys Audio Don't Work

I spent 4 hours copying my entire music collection (80 something cds) onto my hard drive using the Monkeys Audio Codec, but daP wont play the .ape files. It only took about three minutes each to copy them to the hard drive(yay for ram ripping), but it takes roughly 20-30 minutes a cd to copy to a playable format. That sucks, and if there is a way to get daP to play .ape files it would save me the tourture of sitting through 30+ hours of conversions. Please help.
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

Re: Monkeys Audio Don't Work

Originally posted by Azrael
    I spent 4 hours copying my entire music collection (80 something cds) onto my hard drive using the Monkeys Audio Codec, but daP wont play the .ape files. It only took about three minutes each to copy them to the hard drive(yay for ram ripping), but it takes roughly 20-30 minutes a cd to copy to a playable format. That sucks, and if there is a way to get daP to play .ape files it would save me the tourture of sitting through 30+ hours of conversions. Please help.
    Did you rip your cd's to .ape using dMC Audio CD Input? Then you have the Monkeys codec used by dB. Otherwise you should download it and install it I believe.

Did you associate .ape with dAP in dBpowerAMP File Associations?

Comment

• Azrael

• Jan 2005

yes, I used Audio Cd Input, but the files wont associate. When I use "my music collection" and try to add songs, .ape is not one of the file choices. how do i fix that?

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru

• May 2004

yes, I used Audio Cd Input, but the files wont associate. When I use "my music collection" and try to add songs, .ape is not one of the file choices. how do i fix that?
        Do you have the ape codec installed to the same directory as dAP and dMC?

Comment

• Azrael

• Jan 2005

yeah, everything's installed into the same folder. i used the default install settings, except i changed the drive, but that shouldn't have affected it. I still have the default subdirectories though. didn't change anything. anyone else having this problem?

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

Did you use dBpowerAMP > Configuration > File associations and associate .ape with dAP?

Or in Windows Explorer by right clicking on an .ape file and selecting Open With and finding dAP and clicking Always use this program to open these files?

Also In WIndows Explorer > Tools > Folder Options > File Types - find the APE extension and see what it is associated with. It should say it is of type dBpoweramp Monkeys Audio files and you can check that it opens with dBpowerAMP Audio Player.

Comment

• Azrael

• Jan 2005

Yes, .ape files are associated, but they wont play. I have the new codec, 3.99, and when I tried to play them with winamp I got a version error (only plays 3.97 or something). I wonder if it is the same problem? If so, do you know what I can do, or do I just have to wait for an update for daP?

Comment

• ChristinaS
                dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

Yes, .ape files are associated, but they wont play. I have the new codec, 3.99, and when I tried to play them with winamp I got a version error (only plays 3.97 or something). I wonder if it is the same problem? If so, do you know what I can do, or do I just have to wait for an update for daP?
                Well, ok, I just installed 3.99 myself, converted a .wav file to normal .ape and it plays just fine in dAP. No idea if Winamp will play this, I'm only worrying about dAP at this time. Mine is Release 3 beta 6 ( http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=2045 ). Not sure if another version is officially out yet.

Comment

• Azrael

• Jan 2005

Rock on. I uninstalled everything then reinstalled it and rebooted. it still didn'twork, so I had the idea to install the monkeys audio codec into all of the folders without uninstalling (I know that all was probably unnecissary but...) and it worked!!! So even though I used the default directories with the install the codec was not present in whatever folder it was needed in, and anyone else who has this problem should do this.

Thanks for all of your help.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

If dMC And dAP are installed to seperate locations then the ape codec needs to go in both those locations.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>