title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

mcc and mcg files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

mcc and mcg files

i don't remember what the .mcg files is for?

i was thinking of an easy way to change the path of a .mcc collection to transport to another pc on a network.

one way is to just find/replace

example find "e:" replace with "\\insert computer name\usb external"

and then load that .mcc file from the remote location that would then access the true location of the music files. but that won't work because of the .mcg file?

after reading this thread i thought there could be an easier way to transport .mcc files without having to do another folder scan.
    Hi, I have a problem with the My Music Collection I have our music stored on our Server.. and after using www.allofmp3.com to download .ogg files, I have managed to clock up a fair total (8000+ / 3 continuous weeks) The collection file is stored on the server. it appears that since my collection has grown to roughly
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: mcc and mcg files

Music collection genres.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Razgo
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

hmmm.... any reason why amp wpuld crash when loading the edited mcc file then?

all i changed was the path. in theory it should work, but if it changes something in the registery then i'm buggered. until i change the registery that is :D

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You are best using an arrange so each file has a unique filename, then move, then locate missing audio from MMC.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Razgo
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

i'm not sure i understand that. i don't think i can use "arrange" for my 8000.00 wav files as they have no id tags and would get severely messed up i think.

i can just do a highlite missing files then select locate missing files but then that just does the same thing as "add folder" of music. i was hoping i could just edit the path in the .mcc file for a quick solution as it would be fast to locate the existing files then but that doesnt seem to work.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Oh, they do need ID Tags to arrange.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>