title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Normalisation without conversion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • captainkitten
    • Nov 2004

Normalisation without conversion

I just purchased the registered version of dBpowerAMP and desire to permanently normalise my wma files without converting or reformating the files in question, can I do this, if so then how?
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Normalisation without conversion

i'm not 100% sure. but i just did a wma to "arrange music" in the convert to option and selected the DSP effect "adaptive normailize" and it worked in an instant. but others may clarify this a bit more.

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Razgo
      i'm not 100% sure. but i just did a wma to "arrange music" in the convert to option and selected the DSP effect "adaptive normailize" and it worked in an instant. but others may clarify this a bit more.
      Razgo, can you tell from the file attributes if it got actually changed or not? I suspect that DSP effect may be just something that is being applied on the fly, as the file is being played through dAP.

Comment

• Razgo
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

your right, that didn't work. the only way seems to be either re rip with the normalize DSP or resample/convert to make it permanent or as they say "destructive" rather than "nondestructive" method.
        Last edited by Spoons; November 30, 2004, 03:42 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

The Volume Normalize will only work whilst a file is converting to another format (or even WMA >> WMA).
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>